Thursday, August 27, 2015

Rainbow Fish Day!

Today we are in Day 4 of my first ventures into KinderLiteracy by Tara West and I have loved it! I wanted to share some of the elements we have done in class and how successful they have been. Thanks Tara! Today we focused on characters in our story Rainbow Fish. We read the book again, which they love and then pulled out each of the characters we met.


Next the students got to pick 2 of their favorite characters to draw on their response sheets. I have loved the connections this curriculum makes with each of my kiddos. There is writing, drawing, discussion, partner sharings, literacy skill instruction, and so much more!



Next my kiddos got to practice their first text to self connection! We talked about what Rainbow Fish learned from the story and my kiddos eagerly shared that he learned to share. We reviewed what sharing looked like in the story and then told them to close their eyes and think of a time that they shared with someone they know. Here's how it all turned out! My Kindercubs did a great job!


I have to say that I am falling in love with the KinderLiteracy set Tara created. I strive to be an amazing and creative teacher like she is. Here is a link to her program if you are interested!
KinderLiteracy Units BUNDLED



No comments:

Post a Comment